Fireworm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*long suffering sigh* I wish people would relax about the worms. Fingers are tired today, I'll post the short version.
99 times out of 100, the worm you see is not just harmless, it's beneficial. Unless you have a) a bobbit worm b) a carribean bearded fireworm AND gorgonians or c) a worm over a foot long... it's fine.
As for a and b, wikipedia has good pictures. Your worm just happens to be your tank's best friend.

One that's over a foot long in a 250g gonna be a problem? A Dr. I know has one very long on in his aquarium.

Not intrinsically because it's a worm, but simply because at that size, it's appetite will be larger, and small fish might find themselves on the menu. LOL

Ok his tank is stocked with large tang and corals feet above the sand bed where the worm lives. I got worried for a min!

Worms are our friends!! Worms are out friends!! Lol Im new to saltwater and they kinda tripped me out. I'm glad I found this thread I feel better now lol!!

So should I expect worms when I set up my tank? I am going to get live sand and live rock. Do a whole cycle with it. Didn't think worms would come with the packages. :p

Ya just never know what you're going to get with live sand and live rock. Odds are you'll get some kind of hitchhiker. I got asterina stars, a very tiny Nassarius snail, I'm sure there are some worms in there too, but don't like to think about that. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom