fireworm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironmanxl1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw this crawling on the glass tonight. It's a little less than an inch long.

worm002.jpg

Aeolid nudibranch. Probabley worse than you first thought with the worm and can be much more destructive. Remove any/all that you find. Sypnoning with a small hose works well.

Cheers
Steve

Shame they are so destructive. They are very pretty. Thanks for posting pics. Good luck catching the other one.

Not really, there is the Navanax inermis but it's not common.

Cheers
Steve

exactly how bad are these little guys? I have quite a few in my tank..I was reading a bit about em and saw that they eat corals, anemone, and crustaceans..it also says that they would most likely starve without the appropriate food source..mine looks like the first 2 pics

Oceanicsublimat said:
it also says that they would most likely starve without the appropriate food source..
That's pretty much the key. You can either deprive them of food sources or dip the affected coral.

Cheers
Steve

i got 1 before, it came with a star polyps
then it start to split into 3 small one then more and more and more and finnally it became 20 of them or so.(not sure if its spliting or something else but it happneed like really quick and the big one disapeared when 3 small one appeared)
after they cleans out all my star polyps, they all gone , my guess is they all starve to death.so yeah they are pretty but hate to say i woulda take them all out before they start doing some dmg.

I am gonna leave them in the tank for a while.. they are eating my aiptasia.. it's amazing to watch something that small take on something that's so much larger.

hope they don't get outta control, if u have a big tank then i will suggest u take them out before they mutiply.About the Aiptasia, there are other safe solutions, don't really need to take the risk for this kinda extreem.but its all your choice =)

Back
Top Bottom