Fish ID help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My male squareback is purple/pink with a bright square on his side. the females dont have the square and are more yellowish. Here is a picture

img_1781147_0_979a0bedebac34c6f22fc4546a67c5ef.jpg

img_1781147_1_f4d3d8d1d4306469d14dad6aa4fce142.jpg

Thanks. :)

Good luck with your anthias's , just give them time to get used tot he tank. When I qt'd my male he stayed hidden for I think 3 days. took him like a week to actually come out and swim. lol

Ok thanks, that makes me feel a lot better, I was worried about him not coming out like the females are. They very quickly became my favorites to watch, being the most flashy and active so far other than the chromis chasing each other. They are also the biggest in the tank so far, really surprised me because in the shipping bags they actually looked pretty small.

I'm not sure how big the ones you have get but I know mine can get to like 5-6 inches, i also think the squareback is the largest anthias. :)

can't wait for you to come over again and see the new tank! I'm very pleased with it so far. I almost wish i could an anthias in the 90g but I think I want that tang instead. lol

Eeek thats gonna be alot fish. LOL Yours get bigger than I thought, thats bigger than the squarebacks get.

You' have to let me know your stock list now, theres been alot of changes I bet.

No seriously lol I'll let you know what all is in there. Not many changes really tho, haven't lost any fish so pretty much all the same that I've had.

Ok an update on my Stocky Anthias....the male is out in the open most of the time now, and keeping track of his 2 females! The 2 females have stopped bickering at each other, and all 3 are doing great. No signs of stress at all even with the lights on now, they just cruise the tank waiting for more food. I have a feeling they're gonna eat me out of house and home!

I try to feed 3 small meals a day for the anthias's I have. My male will eat anything now but the female is still stuck on frozen. lol Hoping she'll start eating the flake and pellets. What are you feeding yours?

I'm feeding the live brine and an assortment of frozen....mysis, plankton, and a meaty mix. Neither of them will touch flakes, they completely avoid them. If a flake starts to sink, they'll go flying over to it, look at it, then just keep on going. Won't touch it.

Where do you get live brine? i would love to give my fish a treat. :)

As far as flakes, they may come around. My male totally hated them but now he eats them so go figure. lol The poor female comes out all excited looking for food and spits out the flake if she even tries to eat that is.

Petman has live brine. The brine tank is in the back, so no way you could know they have it. You just have to ask for it. If you're not out this way before we do the shops, I can bring you some when I meet up with you, I'll just go up to Daytona 1st and head out I4 from there. I fed it now & then before, but with the piggys (oh I mean anthias) in the tank I guess I'll be getting it every few days or so now. lol All the fish, crabs, gobies, etc love it too anyways.

That would be excellent if you could come bearing brine shrimp. :-D Just a bag will do I'll get you the money when we meet up.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but I think the anthias' don't like bright light. Mine stay under the frag racks alot. Also have heard the colors can fade on them too. Just keep feeding them a couple times a day and they should be fine.

I finally got around to emailing you, fyi, it's a long one! LOL

K, will be bearing shrimp :) No need to pay me for em, but how much do you need? I know you have a lot of tanks (lmao I lost count now you've been adding) and I don't know of anyone who doesn't like them. I'll just bag up a lot of em, whatever you don't use you can either freeze or dispose of.

My male did stay hidden for a while only coming out for very short periods, but now they all stay out most of the time even with the lights on. They are pretty much going right along with everyone else now, pretty much keeping to caves during the night and out and active during the day. I'm happy. Love watching them!

Yep, just got the email! :) And in it was some info I didn't know, now I know what might be the reason I always had such problems with nitrates in the cube!

Glad I could help. :-D If there's anything else just ask.

Thanks for the shrimp, can't wait to see how the fish like them. It will probably be funny watching them try to catch live food. LOL

No problem catching them, they just drift around in the current really. The funny thing is when I was a kid they sold brine shrimp in comic books as sea monkeys...$10 and you got a "tank", eggs, and everything needed to hatch them. (Rofl, yep, I got them)

I had sea monkey kits soo many times when I was a kid. I've always been into fish for some reason. lol
Does Mr petman take fish back? Not many lfs's do....

Whether they'll take it back or not depends on the person/situation/reason. If they do take them back I think it's only for exchange for something else or store credit. They would rather not, simply because they have no way of knowing what it may have been exposed to and/or what it could be bringing in to their system.

Lmao Carey, you're as crazy as I am! I don't know anyone else who got them, or even knows what a sea monkey is!

Back
Top Bottom