Fish ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalin0121

Aquarium Advice Regular
This fish is very small about an inch in length was found by a friend at the jetties in Destin, FL. It was actually clear when found but changes colors when put in the tank.
A baby tang?
image-905266969.jpg

What type of angle fish is this?
image-732634511.jpg

Any ideas? It's little about an inch
image-1561783893.jpg

Same fish as above. What type of anemone is that in the background?
image-648967456.jpg

All these fish and the anemone were caught in Destin, FL at the east jetty

Pic # 1 looks to be in the tang family for the body shape and fins. # 2 is an angel for sure. Not sure on # 3. I am in Boca. Would love to go out and grab some guys for my tank. Heard their are tons of fish around by me...maybe this weekend???

I'm not good with SW i.d.s apart from game fish, but I go to destin regularly and this makes me want to start diving. We sat off of the east jetty for a while on a dolphin cruise just a few weeks ago.

If you continue to have issues IDing them you could try the panhandle reefers forum, just google it, its a local forum so they are better versed in the fauna.

Thanks for the post, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The upper fish looks like Acanthurus chirurgus (Doctorfish), the second fish is a damselfish of the genus Stegastes (probably S. leucostictus or S. planifrons - bit hard to tell from the photo), and the third fish is Chaetodon ocellatus (spotfin butterflyfish). Sorry, can't help with the anemone.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom