Flat worm identification.. Should I be worried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been seeing an increase in little flat worms on my glass and wondered if i should be worried. I searched around and can't find much info on much. I tried to take a picture of the biggest one I can find but it is still pretty small.

I considered the options to get rid of them but the tank is a 3 gallon. And not too sure if I want to dose it with Flat Worm Exit or the like. And it is too small for a six line wrasse

Attachments

• Photo0704.jpg
    Photo0704.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 177
I used flatworm exit on my 2 gal and it killed a lot of them, but also my emerald crab although everthing else was fine. When Flatworms die they release a toxin in the water so you need to siphon them out quickly and do a good W/C. Even after using flatworm exit i still have them, right now I'm using an eye dropper to suck the out but they multiply too fast. I am going to have to use Flat exit again in a few day. hope this helps good luck!

Six line wrasses are either hit or miss mine was a miss. Try a black out before and after the flatworm x, the results seemed to work better for me than just the flatworm x.

Back
Top Bottom