Flower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, here is my next "what is this????" The pictures are not that great but it looks like a flower under water. It's on a 1/4" - 1/2" "stem" and the "flower" itself is about the diameter of a dime.

Do a google image search for Edwardsia and Lebrunia danae anemones.

Cheers
Steve

No, it's not a featherduster I don't believe. The circular shaped piece is solid all the way around and kind of "wavey" like flower petals.

Steve I looked up those anemones and it doesn't look like any of those images.
It's on a piece of lr.com keys if that helps.

Thanks

Can you get a pic with the flash on? Not concerned about the color, just more detail in the shape.

Cheers
Steve

OK, I'll try when I get home tonight. For some reason the flash makes things way too bright/washed out. Even if I set it to manual and set the flash output to it's lowest setting it still comes out way bright......but thats a different topic for a different forum :lol:

My best try below. "It" wasn't cooperating tonight, it was facing toward the front. It is in a hollowed out part of the rock so I can't really get a side shot of it.
Last night I looked after lights out and it seemed it was extended out further (like the stem grew) - I could actually see the stem.

I'll look up the "shroom" idea (I don't know anything about them or what they even look like).

Thanks again,
Steve

No problem, I didn't think the new pic would help much.
No, it doesn't seem to react to much at all - just moves around with the water.

I have a few on my rocks also....Nothing to worry about i believe they are some sort of feather duster or polyp. And havent harmed anything.

Update....
In the last week or so it has somehow (crawled, swam, floated, etc) up the rock about 3 - 4 inches. It still looks the same though.

I'm amazed at what I get amazed about in my tank. :D

Back
Top Bottom