found crabs from a live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently found a lot of crabs from the live rocks that I have.
I don't know if they are good for my tank?
I caught one, saw 3 died this morning. and guess there are probably more.
img_1015139_0_34ddc6f42fc02779f955c3d396b8f961.jpg

In general crabs with black claw tips and pincer style claws are bad. And link, hairy crabs are optimistic feeders.

Yeah your right on that one :/ I didnt look close enough to see if it was bad or not. Yeah, AMD is correct. Now that i know its opportunistic, i wouldnt trust it in my tank. KILL IT!! lol! Sorry bout the mixup before. Thanks AMD for clarification.

Thanks for the link and I think I have some DIGITATE HYDROIDS, is there anyway I can get rid of them since the link said its bad for thank, and I think they are part of the reason why my snails keep dying, cuz they sting anything around them, and they (digitate hydroids and the snails both active at night.)

Yeah your right on that one :/ I didnt look close enough to see if it was bad or not. Yeah, AMD is correct. Now that i know its opportunistic, i wouldnt trust it in my tank. KILL IT!! lol! Sorry bout the mixup before. Thanks AMD for clarification.

LOL Kill it is then~
prey for the crab~

Aw can you put it in a sump or a water bottle tomb or something? Death is so, harsh for what it does naturally.

oh alright. just makin sure and what not. yeah, if he could get a pic of the hydroid that would be good.

Can you get a pic?

the pic of the crab i caught is on the first post?
I m still working on my refeg~so no pic yet XP
the DIGITATE HYDROIDS is hard to get a picture of...cuz they r so thin, and won't come out when the light is on. I will try to take one and put in up.

The hydroids r shy tonight and didn't come out..I will try my best to take picture when they r out >o<

I post the picture of the hydroids on the other thread that I had, cuz they r found in the same rock at the same spot on that rock. so I think its better to discuss over there.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom