Found Something 'neat' on my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought I saw something and did a double take and it was gone. Then I watched carefully and it slowly opened, moved my hand and in it went.
These are the best I could get, don't have a closeup function on my camera, put my index finger in the 2nd pic for reference.

img_1106280_0_2e0d9423c2d79fd937ddad0cfd45bfdc.jpg

Round Gear Looking Thing

img_1106280_1_6699cef58d1fc1de382d5f82ea3de9a9.jpg

That's pretty cool :eek:) How likely is it to spread? I think its fun to watch.

That's pretty cool, I guess its something that you just 'get lucky' when buying the LR? I'd love to have some red ones, I wonder if I could get some from my LFS, guess they'd be settled in the rock and I'd have to buy a chunk or something?

I looked even closer and found 3 more, a little smaller, but still. I guess thats proof that spread :eek:p just to see if I can get different types.

Hehe, youll see lots of things popping up here and there. I used to have jellyfish in my tank if you can believe it! Tiny lil guys...Gone now, but nice while they lasted.

Matt

thats pretty cool. how long have you had the LR in there? i got a few lbs 2-3 weeks ago and i havent really seen much except some yellow sponge and some snails that held on.

thats pretty cool. how long have you had the LR in there? i got a few lbs 2-3 weeks ago and i havent really seen much except some yellow sponge and some snails that held on.

My original LR has been running for a year now. I didnt notice any life until a few weeks after it was done cycling. Give it some time and you will find a lot of interesting critters pop up, depending on how "raw" your rock is.

Matt

the tank is just getting finished cycling. im just very interested in what i may find. I bought the premium LR from my LFS. i hope it was worth it

That live rock was likely cured live rock and if sitting in a tank by itself, will likely have little hitchhikers. You need to get live rock straight from the ocean...But then theres a chance youll get some nasty lil things too!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom