Found two featherdusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biocube14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Found two feather dusters that appeared in my tank.. Bot are about the size of a pea.. One is all white, the other is all black/brown with white/grey bands.. Is there any name for these or is there just a lot of size and color feather dusters.. Also they are on live rock, not building their own tube like an ordinary feather duster.. Thanks for any info..

I have the same on my rock! Not sure if a correct name but they are good filter feeders! Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-2503337801.jpg
    image-2503337801.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 81
Yeah mine do the same! I have quite a few now! They just appear from nowhere! They are quite cool!

Any name on them? I would like to research them, and see about reproducing more and also keeping them under control..

Sorry I'm not sure of an actual name for them! They are harmless tho and good for your tank as far as I know! I don't think you will have a problem with them taking over your tank

I`ve always heard them called mini dusters. That`s as big as they are going to get.

Back
Top Bottom