FOWLR is no longer FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Jobber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a few pieces of colorful LR a few days ago and picked up several hitch hikers. One is an Emerald Crab which I'm not too concerned. I also found 2 snail like species. One blends in perfectly with the LR and can only be seen when it is moving (sorry no pic). The other one is a brown/green and neither appear to have a shell. What are these things???????? Now the thing is, my 29 gal tank was kind of well stocked to begin with. I had a total of 4 fish and now with the new commers that brings my grand total to 7 living organisms. Lastly, I have a protein skimmer that is ratted for about 75 gal which has been helping with my heavy bio-load.
Please help and thanks.

Can't really help without pictures, but it sounds like nudibranches. How big are they?

Regarding your bioload, your crab and other friends don't add to it. Inverts don't really count. They actually help by cleaning up the stuff the fish won't eat.

And while I'm no expert on the definition of FOWLR... I think you still have one! :lol: (Again... I don't think the inverts count. Your tank turns into a "reef" when you add corals.)

No chance of getting a pic, I haven't even seen them yet! I'm just going off of what my girlfriend has told me. She says the the purpleish one that blends in with the LR is about the size of quarter. The brown/green one is slender and about one inch in length.

I agree with Kurt they sound like nudis. You still have a FOWLR as Kurt said you get away from that when you start adding corals.

Surprisingly no I didn't see any pictures that look like what I have. I searched nudibranches on google images and they didn't seem to resemble what I have either according to my girlfriend. She keeps saying that they look like slugs or snails without shells.

Back
Top Bottom