Frag ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought these frgs the other day, and again I forgot the name. I know pretty pathetic but I still dont know the name. Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• 20100705_59.jpg
    20100705_59.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20100705_60.jpg
    20100705_60.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 66
  • 20100705_61.jpg
    20100705_61.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 67
  • 20100705_62.jpg
    20100705_62.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 80
I agree looks like a branching galaxia ... does it have a hard skeleton on it or is it all "soft "

I have these that look like them

View attachment 24445

Here is what mine are.

Cauliflower Coral, Pocillopora

It might be the same or not. Hard for me to make it out.

My first impression from the pictures was also Pocillopora. They are pretty neat and I believe one of the hardier sps. If very happy they can reproduce in your tank. Which can be a good thing or bad depending how you look at it.

Last edited:
If you like it, it would be good that it spreads, if you don't then it might spread too much, and you are unhappy with that. Its like GSP, they look really sweet, but you blink for a second and pretty soon your whole tank has a carpet layer of green wavy blob.

If you like it, it would be good that it spreads, if you don't then it might spread too much, and you are unhappy with that. Its like GSP, they look really sweet, but you blink for a second and pretty soon your whole tank has a carpet layer of green wavy blob.

(y) What he said(y)

Thats what I figured. Just makin sure there weren't any other things to worry about. Thanks.

Well, theres also the chance youll become addicted to SPS if you wind up liking this pocillorpora....That could be bad. ;-)

Matt

Well, theres also the chance youll become addicted to SPS if you wind up liking this pocillorpora....That could be bad. ;-)

Matt

For two reasons
1. Its expensive
2. The pocillopora could spawn and take up very valuable real estate in the tank..... this is unlikely though.

I agree that it is Pocillopora. I wouldn't stress to much about it spawning in your tank. I had a very large colony that only spread because I fragged it. It's a nice coral and adds some texture to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom