Frag ID's needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are two pics of the same frag, one right after glueing, and then as it was getting a bit happier.
I would appreciate a positive id if anyone can help me out here.

Would like to see a close up of the polyp, my first impression from the thumbnail was a capnella or neptea, but would like to see a closer look at the polyps and see it when it is more open.

Uhhh, thats what a capnella is doofus. (relax moderators I know him. This isn't flaming, it's harmless prodding) Besides pHreaK you've seen two of em in my tank. Heck, you were even with me when we got one.

note: had to look on live aquaria to make sure capnella was in fact a kenya tree. Hehehe

The first pic looks like to me a Nephtheis fascicularis (Blue Lollypop Tunicate)

James

The first pic looks like to me a Nephtheis fascicularis (Blue Lollypop Tunicate)

LOL, I thought so too, but the second pic doesn't and they are the same frag ;) One of the reasons I wanted to get a closer pic was to rule out tunicate.

LOL, I thought so too, but the second pic doesn't and they are the same frag
I didnt catch that both pics were the same frag LOL... Still looks like the Tunicate for the most part but the second picture really makes me think twice about that as well.. LOL

James

This thing has an INCREDIBlE growth rate....here are picks of it on the 28th of Feb....unfortunately, it is looking more and more like my big colt every day....funny, when I frag the big guy, it never looked like this one

Oooooo......

They're purdy. I really want to set up a 90 gallon (maybe just a 60gal) reef tank at home this summer, but we will see if I can get a decent summer job to pay for it.
Again that is sure a nice coral!

Back
Top Bottom