Fungus or algae ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any suggestions ? My nitrates are at about 20 ppm phosphates are either at 0 or 0.25 I can't seem to tell if there is a change in the solution color :/

Attachments

• image-613559984.jpg
    image-613559984.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 46
Anyone have any suggestions ? My nitrates are at about 20 ppm phosphates are either at 0 or 0.25 I can't seem to tell if there is a change in the solution color :/

Nitrates are not ideal. I keep mine at .05. You might want to consider doing some water changes to bring the number down. I'm gonna say algae.

What type of water do you use. RO/DI? Distilled? Tap?

What's your water changing and feeding schedule like? Also your lights, what that schedule like?

I'm using treated tap water

I feed every other day random pick of mysis / brine/ clypos / oyster eggs ,one of the choice , not all at the same time .

My lights are on from 8:45 am -7:30 pm using as 2 bulb 10k / atinic T5's

And yeah my nitrates are high , I kinda let it slide since cash is super tight I was I ly doing 10g ( out of 55 ) every 3 weeks maybe 4 . Since then I've done 2 20g water changes 2 weeks apart.

Also I do need to replace my atinic light as its well past a year old :/ the 10k was replaced like 2 months ago

Back
Top Bottom