funny question, but what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellygirl55

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got it from a buddy, but I forgot what he called it...any advice about this greatly appriciated!!

shellygirl55 said:
Just got it from a buddy, but I forgot what he called it...any advice about this greatly appriciated!!

Nice buddy

Lol I know right!! He was taking down a tank

So how much flow on these guys?

The**Lobophyllia Brain Coral,**"Lobophyllia hemprichii"*,**is a large polyp stony (LPS) coral often referred to as a Lobo Brain.* It has fleshy polyps that hide its calcareous skeleton. It is found in a variety of textures and color forms. Some are smooth, while others are pimply, and look like carpet. Colors vary from bright red, green, orange, gray, tan, or brown. Its behavior is semi-aggressive and it will sting other corals with its extended sweeper tentacles during the night. Provide plenty of space between it and other neighboring corals. It is easy to maintain in the reef aquarium, making it an excellent candidate for the beginning through expert reef aquarist. It requires moderate to strong lighting combined with a moderate water movement within the aquarium. For continued good health, it will also require the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water. The symbiotic algae zooxanthellae hosted within its body provides the majority of its nutritional requirements through photosynthesis. It will also benefit from additional food in the form of micro-plankton or brine shrimp fed in the evening when its tentacles are visible.*

Back
Top Bottom