Giant Aptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishheaven123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This guy showed up on my new live rock. It is 4x the size of most aptasia that I have seen. If this isn't aptasia, what is it? Thanks for everyone's help. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414610078.238606.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414610093.621976.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414610103.313950.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414610115.201931.jpg

It looks like an anemone to me!!

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Majano pest anemone?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure if you guys realize aiptasia IS an anemone.

Anywany, it may be a condy anemone.

It is called a glass anemone but i don't think it is an anemone. Simply don't feed it and still it will not die!! Or keep it so close to the light and it will not bleach like anemone does.

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

It is called a glass anemone but i don't think it is an anemone. Simply don't feed it and still it will not die!! Or keep it so close to the light and it will not bleach like anemone does.

========

Aiptasia is a type of glass anemone. They're in the class Anthozoa and order Actiniaria. So yes aiptasia is a type of anemone.

I'd say it's a glass anemone I would pull it out if I were you they spread and they can sting coral. I used to have one in my aquarium though and it didn't seem to bother anything but just to be safe you should probably pull it out

I'd say it's a glass anemone I would pull it out if I were you they spread and they can sting coral. I used to have one in my aquarium though and it didn't seem to bother anything but just to be safe you should probably pull it out

Don't pull it out. This will just spread spores, and help it spread all over your tank. Feed it some lemon juice!

Thanks for everyone's replies. Would I take regular lemon juice that comes in the plastic lemon and squeeze it into the mouth with a syringe?

Or you could leave it alone if it's not harming anything nearby and enjoy just keep an eye out just in case

Back
Top Bottom