Goby identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b.jent10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What kind of goby is this? And is there any chance of him pairing up with a pistol shrimp?

image-1864229855.jpg

If it helps any, i got my pistol shrimp months after my goby was already in the tank. So you don't need to do it all together.

AquaRick said:
If it helps any, i got my pistol shrimp months after my goby was already in the tank. So you don't need to do it all together.

That does help actually. The goby has been in the tank for about a month I think. I just put a tiger pistol shrimp in the tank last night

Make sure your rocks are on the glass bottom and not just sitting on the sand bed. If on the sand only, a pistol shrimp may kill himself - or break the tank glass when he digs a tunnel under a rock and it falls.

Also a little side note about gobys. Make sure you have a cover on your tank. They like to jump out, truss me I had a diamond goby and a fire fish goby do this to me.

The watchmans I've had have always stayed at the bottom. Rarely ever do they leave their cave and/or the sand bed.

Definitely a pink spotted goby. Here is a pic of mine that`s ten years old right now. This pic landed in a calandar a few years back.

000_0252.JPG

AquaRick said:
The watchmans I've had have always stayed at the bottom. Rarely ever do they leave their cave and/or the sand bed.

+1. And that's an awesome picture meluso

Yeah aquarick he is definetly cool as a cucumber! Melou that is a beautiful pic! Totally awesome! Hoping to be able to get one of those linkia starfish at some point when I'm more experienced to keep one

Back
Top Bottom