Good or bad crabs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyBay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just found three of these in my tank. Managed to get one out we obviously have not bought these we know it came from the Live rock. can anyone tell us if these are good or bad ??

Attachments

• image-2986101337.jpg
    image-2986101337.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 90
Omg should I buy a trap or something? Any advice on how to get rid of the little suckers ? I am only a few months new and would appreciate some veteran advice :)

Good, bad...depends on what you have in the tank. A crab does what a crab does- eat opportunistically. I have a few that live in harmony with many hard and soft corals, but they are fed on the reg and do not need to eat my precious coral. Don't kill, facilitate.

I have caught these two so far, is the black one just as bad? , I have a sump I can put them in, would that work? We have rocks in there they can hide in

This is the black one

Attachments

• image-1718400098.jpg
    image-1718400098.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 84
BillyBay said:
I have caught these two so far, is the black one just as bad? , I have a sump I can put them in, would that work? We have rocks in there they can hide in

Sump is good idea.

Yeah sump is good for crabs, I had two hitchhiker crabs, caught the biggest one who now lives in the sump happily and the other is too small to harm anything at the moment so I'll leave him be, for now. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom