Got a couple for you ... and more pictures to come

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its normal that they can cover a single rock :) but just watch as they can and will spread , they can be as bad if not worse that xenia :D

...is it common for a peanut worms to move all over the tank?. one morning they are on the big rock... next they are on the other..

Picture 3 is a mini brittle star arm. Got tons of them in my tank... same coloration. Little arms waving all around during feeding time.

sweet... thats kinda what i was hoping... i thought i could see part on ones body. but wasent sure... there are tons of them... id say easily 20

-Brad

maybe ill have more luck here

heres some nasty stuff thats been growing in my tank... im wonder what half of it is... and how to get rid of it

img_938577_0_684210a54751aec4c92f39c028c9faa2.jpg

these have been growing all over the walls of the tank.. i wipe them off... there back within an hour

img_938577_1_b4f556e342791ddfd7cee0bffe16a20a.jpg

The brown stuff by the rock... ive been pulling this stuff out since the day after i set up the tank

heres a close up of this other brown junk thats been growing everywhere
img_938577_2_00551e4639405f2f3816ac843d8afea0.jpg

this thing here
img_938577_3_ef4f76d540bcac13ab4bf766eaf64190.jpg

it looks kinda like a sponge with 2 tenticals.

and ... oh god hair algae
img_938577_4_4f4dc70a53cc7d89fad3c667f14e926c.jpg

any ideas?

levels
SG 1.026
Temp 83F
PH 7.8
NO2 just over 1ppm
Ammonia 0.50ppm
NO3 just over 0
Ca 480
phosphates did not register
KH 179 ppm or 10 dKH

No fish in the tank.. no inverts... just hitch hikers... if anyone could help id greatly apreciate it

-Brad

I'll leave the IDing to the experts. But, we just went through a nasty battle with bubble algae - came in on a piece of coral. When you removed it, did it burst? Any bubbles that you see in the future (almost a guarantee I think), try and take out without breaking. That's how the spores spread apparently. They love to hide under your rocks, at the back of the tank, along the glass, etc. Keep a close eye. Once it gets ahold in your tank, it is a pain in the #$@!

they look like tube worms in the first few pictures...not necessarily bad...probably came in on your live rock... they might start growing in your filter if you have a sump or refugium

my biggest concern is the sponge with tenticles thing.. not sure if i should be all that worried about it or not.

-Brad

1st one looks like bryopsis , bad siphion out what you can . Some have had good results with using highter Mag achieved with plain old epsom salt ( I do not know the concentration of it tho I will continue to look for you on that )

2 Looks like dinoflagellata (may also be diatoms since your tank is new hard to really give a 10000% ID on it both look similar) bad , pain to get rid of . I have been battling this crap for nearly 1.5 years I am finally hitting it but dang that stuff just wont die .. It also looks like snotty brown hair algea ... wipes away easy and returns very quickly ..

3same as 2 rx for dinos lots of water changes locate source IE water , salt mix over feeding . Diatoms will burn themselfs out after bit on thier own they will disappear as quickly as they arrived :D and since you are still cycling I am inclined to say they are diatoms , but wait for a few weeks after your cycle is complete before making a judjment call
4 looks like a sponge with a spinod (sp) worm living in the same area . Look for hard tubes like the mini dusters ;)

the diatoms have disappeared... the stuff on the glass looks almost like hair algae... but to get it off some spots im gunna have to shift and move rocks.... SERENIDTY NOW!!!! lol

-Brad

it also looks like in pic 3 you may have a manjano in there as well
bad , can move and reach epic proportions in short hand , most use mrs wages pickling lime , kalk paste or joes juice to kill them ;)

i dont see anything like that in my tank... any refrence point in my picture that you could give me to look at?

diatoms are almost completely gone today :)

-Brad

heres some nasty stuff thats been growing in my tank... im wonder what half of it is... and how to get rid of it

these have been growing all over the walls of the tank.. i wipe them off... there back within an hour

The brown stuff by the rock... ive been pulling this stuff out since the day after i set up the tank

heres a close up of this other brown junk thats been growing everywhere
img_939608_0_00551e4639405f2f3816ac843d8afea0.jpg

-Brad
Not sure how to circle it but it is the lower left side of the pic

i pull that crap out daily... back in the morning... the rocks pores are so deep i think its near impossible to get out.

-Brad

What I am seeing looks like a manjano it will go inside the rock ;)

Yes manjanos sting :) Not sure how bad on a human tho . I suppose you could feel it ;)

it feels like a pricly bush... like when you grab something covered in those tiny thorns

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom