GOT THAT DARN CRAB!!! **PICS**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have tried to get a crab that I happen to see one day for a while. I believe it is a coral nipper so I wanted it out. So I am sitting on the couch, and I look over to the tank and see his little pinchers moving under a rock. Sooooo, I start jerking out rock, moving zoos, relocating dusters, when to my surprise I see him in the hole of the lr I am holding. I drop it in a bucket, add some tank water, and he drops out of there. I jerk the rock out and BAM, I got a crab!!

You can't see his pinchers, but they are flat tipped. It also has hairy legs. I still don't want him in the main, so do you think it will be ok in the fuge? The fuge is just like 3g or so, just enough to grow Chaeto and breed more pods. Or would you put it in the sump which is 25g?

f533b7d5.jpg

f533b7ce.jpg

Anymore suggestions??

I got him in a bucket with about 4g of water, a heater, and airstone for the night.

Took the crab to the lfs and they said it was a coral nipper. I asked them if they wanted it and they said yes. They proceeded to pick it up and drop straight into a tank where a huge wrasse ripped it limb from limb. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom