green inch worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neelie355

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just noticed what looks to be a green inchworm with antennas pushing the san out from under my live rock. He seemed to be about an inch long. Should I leave him in the tank? My tank is about 2 months old.

It would help us more to answer that question if we knew what it was...can you post a picture of the worm?

no, i don't have a picture. It looks identical to a green one inch inch worm with large antennas. It is hidden now.

mantis shrimp/inch worm

Well i think it is a mantis shrimp. He looked just like a little green lobster as he scurried across the floor of the tank. I thnk I got him in a piece of live rock. I removed the rock and have it in another tank. Any idea on how to get him out of the rock?

i've heard of some dipping the rock in pure RO water and the shrimp vacates quickly... that is if the rock is easily removed...

question is, what to do once he's removed. :wink: Some people like them, your LFS may buy him from you.. ask around a little

mantis shrimp

can't get rid of this thing in my live rock. Tried carbonated water, hot water, trap, leaving rock out of the water, any ideas? Help!

Back
Top Bottom