Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2004, 01:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Green things?

So my Cannon Powershot is horrible at close up focus pictures so this is the best I could do.

These green things appeared out of nowhere on the LR and move around allot, I count about 10 of them throughout the tank.

I am wondering what they are and if they are harmful to anything in general, they are also getting bigger.

Old 05-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
steve-s

Anemonia majano. A pest anemone that will do you or the tank no good. Definately a candidate for Joe's Juice.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks Steve, I just ordered some of Joe's Juice... it will take care of the Aiptasia I have as well, I can't believe I missed Joe's Juice. Seems like it is pretty common, I wonder if the Aiptasia close to my leather coral made it sick, I have tried to remove them many times but they come back... JJ should do the trick, hopefully it is not to late for the leather coral.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
steve-s

The anemonia will definately sting the coral but you'd be supprised how well the leather will bounce back. They are quite resiliant and can coat themselves with a thick mucus to protect themselves. It should do much better once the pests are removed.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com