Green water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, could be any of a number of microalgaes, including dinoflagellates. Could also be the result of the release of spores from a macroalgae.

sounds like algae blooming to me as well the same thing happen to my tank as well. I had to keep it covered with a blanket to prevent any light from getting in for almost 5 days. I tried a lot of things that seemed to be the only thing that helped.

Yeah I'm trying the black out method right now and from research I did it calls for 48hrs. So I hope I don't have to get a uv sterilizer. I don't even know how to even begin to hook one up. I'm a total noob

Update: checked the tank today and I'm loving the results. Its almost done...yay... I super excited to feed my babies tomorrow

You might want to use a Seachem product in your filter for removing Phosphorus. You probably have a ton due to food. I would do a water change too. Oh, the above idea of using UV Sterilizer - fantastic idea. I've read all sorts of things that say those are really good. In the meantime, you'll want to figure out what's causing it - excess food and phosphorus or too close to window...

Back
Top Bottom