Hair type supstsnce out of live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ody

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have been watching this what I thought was a long hair on the side of my live rock it seams to attach small peices of sand to it and pull them bk in to the rock any ideas what it is thanks also noticed a small marble colour brown crab is it safe or danger thanks

Ody said:
Hi I have been watching this what I thought was a long hair on the side of my live rock it seams to attach small peices of sand to it and pull them bk in to the rock any ideas what it is thanks also noticed a small marble colour brown crab is it safe or danger thanks

Need pictures to help ID. :)

Sorry would be nearly impossible it looks like a human hair that's what I thought it was till I seen it retract bk in to the rock with sand

Oh and the crab it's in the love rock very small doupt if I could get a good snap of it eather

Sounds like a vermetid snail. They build a tube and fasten to the rock, almost like a featherduster. They spit out a mucus net to catch food and suck it back in. They are generally harmless, but the "net" can irritate corals that it touches.

It's amassing when u buy a peice of rock what comes with it

Thanks guys for the help good to no not a parasite

Back
Top Bottom