Hammer color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielbdn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a hammer coral that was more of a white color when i got it and now it is darker (greenish) color is this normal or was it doing better at the LFS than in my tank. Or was it the lighting they have LED's and I have a T5 HO light.
First pic is at LFS second pic is in my tank

Attachments

• image-1005233416.jpg
    image-1005233416.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 129
  • image-210223949.jpg
    image-210223949.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 143
I'm no expert but it looks fine in the second pic. Maybe he was just adjusting to your lights and flow or maybe it wasn't happy in the LFS's tank. Either way the second pic looks like a healthy hammer coral, it may even darken even more.

Thanks Mr. X. I feel better now I was worried because I recently lost a short tentacled green plate coral that was doing great then in less than a week he was dead. So I've been kind of paranoid about the rest of my corals.

He was bleached at the lfs . Looks like you have the right lights for him. Nice hammer btw.

Gotta ask about the background, looks like a snakeskin shed. What is is?

It's a hold over from my freshwater days. It is a laminated sheet. I liked it better on my fresh water tank I am wanting to paint the back (outside of course) of my tank black or dark blue. I think it would look better

Leave the plate coral in your tank in three to four months it could have a polyp bail out and start to get better

Back
Top Bottom