hello plz help?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
im about to get from this guy this fish for free but idk if i want it i like it but will it get along with my 2 clowns 2 fire fish my yellow tank , my urchin and snails and crabs including emerald????? the guy doesnt know its name he think is a purple pseudo and he told me it will be fine but he said he doesnt know much about saltwater aquarium thats why he is getting rid of his fish

looks like this to me
https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=419&cid=21
semi-aggressive, so best thing to do is put it in and observe its behavior.

from the website:
Dottybacks can often be quite the bullies and should not be added to peaceful community aquariums or aquariums that will house timid or hesitant feeders. They are best kept with tangs, large damselfish, hawkfish, angelfish, squirrels, parrots and other large fish that are not bullied easily.

thanks so much so to keep him under observation ill sit there where he cant see me for a few hours on my qt thank and ill see if he attacks and how he does wit the hopefully he does good cuz that guy also has small clowns and firefish

i went to 2 fish stores and got a compatibility sheets and one says they are community fish and wont bug my other fish and the other said that sometimes it might be mean like the damsels(well not that bad)

I sure wouldn't consider Pseudochromis a community fish, but they're not killers either. They tend to be aggressive, so keep an eye on it.

if its smaller than the other fish its probably nothing to worry about

what about them with Royal Gramma they guy that gave me the pseudo wants to give mi his last Royal Gramma is that an ok combo he had the im the same tank

I would not, the gramma is very territorial and the pseudo is agressive to begin with. If you ask me, adding both of them together is just not going to end good.

The species is now known as Pictichromis porphyrea. There are no obvious sexual differences, but it is likely the species (like other dottybacks) is hermaphroditic. It is likely that it doesn't change per se, but rather allocate to one sex or the other. Pictichromis species can be a bit on the aggressive side, though normally aren't too bad in a large enough tank. I wouldn't trust one with your firefish though. Your crabs would also be hassled a lot - if they couldn't be eaten. Definitely don't put one in a tank with a Gramma - that's just asking for trouble.

Tony

My psydochromis is the bully of my tank. It won't fight a fish to the death but can sure stress the others alot.
"I wonder why your so called friend is wanting to give you the psydochomis and the Gramma. Is it because they are to aggressive for his tank? Hummmm
PS: no need to think about different sexes. In your size tank only one would survive!

He'll be fine as long as his got his own space, I have a Royal in my tank with alot of different fish, All shapes and sizes. And he has never ever bothered any of them, Or chased them.

Yes, the gramma may be Okay but the purple dottyback is a little bugger and the gramma has almost the same body shape so I see a problem with having the two in a tank under 6' in length.

ohhhhh ok he is just getting rid of his fish and coral because he bought a small shark and he has it in a rubber made container while he gets rid of the fish and on his other aquarium he is going to get some sting rays thats why he is giving them to me i seen the shark already, how big do sting rays get im NOT planning on getting onejust wondering

Back
Top Bottom