Help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just revieved my liverock, and was wondering if i should keep all the crabs that are alive....there is a white one, and a bunch of red ones, all with claws on the front, a also recieved a bunch of stars. any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to trade the crabs back to the lfs. They can be bad little buggers for fish, and a reef tank! :wink:

The stars are ok.

I've seen a number of posts about which crabs are bad. 10 folks may have 15 different ideas. :roll: OK, maybe that was a bad joke.

The general consensus - at least from what I've gathered is that if the crab has pointed pinchers, it is likely bad. If you can get to them and remove'm, I'd say better be safe than sorry later. Give'm to an LFS maybe.

Got a fuge, or a 10 gallon? You can throw them in there until you ID them. I got a mix of crabs from my order. I'm trapping out the stone crabs and keeping the porcelains, they are cool to watch.

yeah, all crabs i could see are in a qt, how bout the worms?? most everything i found except snails and stars are in the qt, was just curious...also, where can i go to id them?

Back
Top Bottom