Help ID Little star fish looking creatures and a disk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EG617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have hundreds of white little dots all over my glass theyre the size of a grain of salt and the also have 3-5 arms or tentacles kind of resembles a starfish. I scraped them off once but they came back in a couple of days. I also so have these little disk growing on my rocks theyre not attached to the rocks and i dont think they move. They look like a little white plate with a red circle in the middle and a red ring around the red circle just like a target. Theyre paper thin and is a half the size of a dime i took one out, its pretty hard. Have anyone ever seen these things before? I would take a picture but i dont have a camera. :(

I know what your talking about on your glass. Mine first started to appear a few weeks ago. I left them go (cleaned around them with the mag-float) to see what they would do. Now there just annoying, I scrape them off and within an hour or two there back. Mine hang on to the glass with 3 or 4 arms and have several more dangling out in the water. Other than that they don't do anything. My tank is near the end of it's cycle if that helps to ID these.

Thanks for the link fluff but it wasnt anything on that site. Anybody else have any idea what it is?

do you have a digital cam? maybe you can post a picture so people can get a better idea.

Have them too

I have them in my sump/fuge. They look like a ( * )

----------------------------------- This is what my sump looks like.
. * . But lots more.
. * * * .
. * .
. * .
. * .
. .
-----------------------------------

It kinda looks like that fluff, but im not quite sure. I never seen it that big before and the tentacles arent as wavey. They do look like ( * ) . And the description was kind of different mines dont swim or move they just stick on the glass. Do i have aliens in my tank?? 0X . Any idea of what the other weird disk looking thing i have in my tank fluff?

They don't move alot. And, keep in mind, that pic is of one in a test tube so it's blown up alot. I'm not sure without seeing them myself, of what you have but, it does sound like hydroids. I had a few in the beginning but they died out quickly. Either way, I wouldn't worry much.

EG617, A pic would be helpful but, your disk thing may be some type of coral.

Oceanicsublimat, your disk sounds like the start of a purple sponge.

These are only guesses though without being able to see them. Give them some time and post an update on their growth and any changes.

Back
Top Bottom