Help ID This Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone ever seen or know what this is?

Attachments

• image-1622351994.jpg
    image-1622351994.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 88
You might want to have a moderator help you with a better title for your thread. You might not get the folks who can actually help you with such a mundane title.

Good luck!

Maybe green haired algae. Looks like it to me. What size tank? Parameters? Lighting schedule? Stocking? How old is the tank?

yep,looks like HA and red slime or cyano to me,cut your feeding and lights down,suck out as much as poss when doing water changes.try to get some more flow where the red algae is.

mr_X said:
looks like bryopsis to me, and cyanobacteria.

Mr x, do u know how to treat bryopsis. I have been battling what I thought was green hair but it looks more like the oic here

Yep it's absolutely red slime. Had this problem about a month ago. You can suck it up with during water change but will come back within a day or two. I went to get LFS and they gave me red slime remover by a company called ultra life. Within 24 hours it was all gone! And I had a lot more then you did. It says it could take two try's or even lower your ph, but I never had any problems. Do a couple small water changes, even though you can't see it, it's still in your tank. Clean filter pads, etc.

i saw a thread where kent tech-m was used successfully. bryopsis is also called "hair algae". you can raise your magnesium levels to about 1500+ or so, and the algae should disappear. it's got to be kent tech-m though. not any mag supplement will do, according to this thread. then i saw others stating any mag supplement will do. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom