Help Identify?MAybe sponge maybe not??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I noticed this thing the other day on a peice of rock I got and it seems to have not lost any color in the last week or so.

What du guys say?

ok I'll call it orange sponge, only reason I asked is I know it had contact with the air

ok I'll call it orange sponge, only reason I asked is I know it had contact with the air

I don't think it will matter much anyway. From what I have heard and read, keeping any kind of sponge alive is extremely difficult if not impossible.

I have sponges of all kinds growing like weeds. If they stayed wet and didn't trap small air bubbles/pockets inside them then generally they will be fine. Kind of neat actually. Keep and eye out for different colors and shapes on your rock. You never know what will pop up next.

R-

you think I should flip the rock to give it less light? I heard most sponges need medium to low light?

Well that depends on your lighting and how it looks. If it hasn't changed in color or deteriorated then I would just leave it alone. Although it looks squishy I bet it's as hard as the rock. Touched it yet? It's cool.

R-

lol, not yet I geuss I have to now. Well I had it under the rock in the tank then when i was moving some stuff around to catch a damsel I noticed it again.So I flipped it over.

Funny thing on them being hard to keep, this is a obvious hitchhiker sponge and it appears to be doing ok so one would assume it must be a harder one of the sponge group.

Thanx for the sponge help. What all kinds do u keep.I was thinkin gof getting one ,but sounded hard

Back
Top Bottom