Help me identify please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also fix the levels in the DT what test are you using cause if that alk is what you say it is then all your other levels are wrong.

Thanks to you all. I have blown a disk in my back making this project even worse. I have so many water tests and so many people I sought help from. I did learn alot. I even had a marine biologist come to my home twice and now a necropsy as even he was baffled a bit at what was going on. I told all about this form and he said this was one of the greatest things a new aquarium owner can do... Seek support and advice from some very experienced dedicated people. Once again thank you for let me join.

I have made so many errors in my set up listening to the wrong people. Oddly my intention was the have the perfect piece of ocean in my home. I asked the right questions but got the wrong answers.
Ends up I didn't starve anyone I didn't over feed anyone. By size and set up everyone was ok and my biologicals looked good. The biologist thought it was borebolla? but it wasnt. At necropsy I got a parasite starts with an ( i will post the name, i have to call him again and ask as i was upset and on vicodin when we covered this) s that is very aggressive and doesn't have external symptoms... It is resistant to most treatment unless treatment starts within the first three hours of attack. Of course if you can't see it you can't know to treat it. It kills inside the gill rapidly. My yellow tangs spot was a lymphocyst or tang wort. And had nothing to do with anything. It did however send me looking to treat.
My tank was to cold :-( and his prescription to maybe rally what's left is hypo salinity temp of 85 and cooper at 0.5.
He said I could make some changes to the main tank to help too on the future. He said canister filters are better with a uv sterilizer. Also protein skimmers are not just a nice thing to have later on... They are much needed for a healthy environment. He also said setting up a sump also not just a nice thing to have. Any thoughts of brands types what are you guys using? I obviously can't trust what I am being told here locally despite being initiative and a fairly intelligent person. I saves lives for a live but I suck at salt water fish :-(

Canister filters lock in nitrate I would say get rid of it. Sump you can build yourself I have seen and known people that used buckets for sump but you can use a small tank but you will need a skimmer if you go sump to help keep the water clean.

Also I didn't know some fish are not bred in captivity and are captured in the ocean. That's where I got this :-(

Also I didn't know some fish are not bred in captivity and are captured in the ocean. That's where I got this :-(

Almost all of my fish came from the ocean. Most LFS will tell you where they came from. That is also one of the reason I QT you never know what the fishes are carrying.

A positive update finally. Although I had some losses and heartbreak.... Things have finally looked up a bit. My clowns, purple Ora, lawnmower blenny, 2 scooter blennies. the male red blenny, and four cardinals are on the men's. everyone happy swimming freely and eating well. They still have a way to go before they can go home to the main tank but at least we have turned the corner.

Back
Top Bottom