HELP! Mojano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChessNerd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a hitchhiker that came with the live rock of zoas I purchased at the LFS. It is still quite small now. It looks like a mojano but it has several black spots in the middle and have not seen any other images like it. :confused: it has small tentacles that are translucent. Please see the photo. HELP!!

Thank you! :popcorn:

Attachments

• Unidentified Hitchhiker.jpg
    Unidentified Hitchhiker.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 425
Second image ..... possible mojano?

I'm 99.9% it isn't a nudi. It has been in the same spot (3 weeks) since i bought the zoa frag. Its hard to get a good shot of it. Its not spots in the middle its actually the base of tentacles in the middle.

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I think that's what I have as well. Corynactis gonna read up on them not sure if they are a pest or not. Here's a pic of mine to compare it is a different color then yours but seems they can come in many colors.

Attachments

• image-2781447683.jpg
    image-2781447683.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for all the help. I believe that this is corynactis. (never seen a green one yet in the hours of searching). It isn't cryptic, its by itself and it eats left overs when i feed. My only concern is how big will it get and will it be able to eat my small fish (1" cryptic 6-line wrasse and 1.5" scooter blenny). Let me know what you think.

I agree only worry is if they get big enough for fish. Gonna leave it for now and if it becomes a problem then I will nuke it. For now back under its rock.

Back
Top Bottom