Help out a noob?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seepu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 90g bowfront that has been cycling with shrimp a week. I put LR in yesterday ( LR got here before BR, so will have to move it all again soon) and I am starting to see some things... Mind helping me out with some IDs? I have tried to find them in members photos, but I dont even know WHAT I'm looking at.. .much less finding something to compare it to =)

Pic 1
Pretty true color on this photo. Bigger that what I suspect are foraminiferans, and a little darker color.

Pic 2
Is this stuff good or bad? Its the same green stuff in the first photo. There are a few patches of it on my LR.

Pic 3
1. foraminiferans?
2. good or bad?
3. where something WAS, or where something IS?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• id_request1_110.jpg
    id_request1_110.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 69
  • id_request2.jpg
    id_request2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 61
  • id_request3.jpg
    id_request3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 71
Well, the pinkish things could be a coral or sponge. The green stuff possibly some type of macro, but could also be polyps of some sort or hydroids. It's hard to tell without a closer shot. The other thing is some type of incrusting coral or coral skeleton. I don't think any of the things you have here are necessarily bad. Hydroids aren't a welcome addition in some cases but may not make it through the cycle anyway or die out on thier own eventually. Give them time and see what happens. Good luck. :D

Back
Top Bottom