Help please not sure what this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shamsean79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It has red tentacles that it pulls into an opening in the middle of them , one at a time to feed, or all of them to close itself up. I've had it for all most a year and can't find anything about it. If anyone could help Id it , I'll dance at your wedding lol . Thanks in advance ;)

Attachments

• image-78567093.jpg
    image-78567093.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2871048634.jpg
    image-2871048634.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 151
Don't know much about saltwater but that looks like a sea cucumber to me! I just googled "aquarium sea cucumber" and a very similar pic came up. Hope this helps!

It's a...

It has red tentacles that it pulls into an opening in the middle of them , one at a time to feed, or all of them to close itself up. I've had it for all most a year and can't find anything about it. If anyone could help Id it , I'll dance at your wedding lol . Thanks in advance ;)

...Royal Sea Apple (as some wholesalers call it.) It IS in the sea cucumber family. One hint, if you try to move it around your tank forcibly, it may throw it's stomach and look like it spit up spagetti. It doesn't kill them, just makes the tank look nasty ;) They are good filters for your substrate.

Last edited:
Sigh, I hate that answer lol. I had great water until my mushroom died for no reason...I'm sure there was one I was at work for 24 hours so I have no clue what it was. 75% water change and it still isn't what it was.

Definitely a sea apple. You must have a nice tank if it's been doing well for a year. If it dies, remove it asap as it can poison your tank.

Sorry...

Sigh, I hate that answer lol. I had great water until my mushroom died for no reason...I'm sure there was one I was at work for 24 hours so I have no clue what it was. 75% water change and it still isn't what it was.

...I hate to tell you but nothing dies for NO reason. You just didn't see the reason. If you had a big tank with a small mushroom, it shouldn't have mattered that it died. If you had a small tank with a big mushroom, WHY? That's a recipe for disaster. You see? nothing happens for NO reason. :nono:

No seriously, he's doing great , I now know that he probably killed my fish , and I think it may have been because of the puffer I had. Found alot of info on the royal sea apple last nite, so now I'm better prepared

My sea apple never ate fish when I had mine till I lost my first tank due to a power outage when I was out of town for a couple of days

Apple killing fish????

No seriously, he's doing great , I now know that he probably killed my fish , and I think it may have been because of the puffer I had. Found alot of info on the royal sea apple last nite, so now I'm better prepared

Highly unlikely, Sea apples go through the gravel/sand looking for small bits of food and/or "filter" small particles out of the water. The only sea cucumber I've ever seen eating a fish was after the fish was dead already. The cuke had nothing to do with the death. You may want to check your other fish for other culprits .

No was saying that the puffer or crab that I had probably bothered it and cause a reaction

okay...

No was saying that the puffer or crab that I had probably bothered it and cause a reaction

That is definitely a possibility. Not every fish can live in a tank at the same time. You need to do a little research before buying animals to make sure they will fit in your scenario.

Yeah , I now search everything that I do or think about doing first.

Back
Top Bottom