HELP white slime in my Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keith49

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was given a 125 gallon saltwater reef tank that was neglected and badly infested with aptasia. I treated the tank for a month with aptasia x and killed all of it. and cleaned it up cleaned filters bought new metal halide lights. 2 months down the road the only coral in the tank Kenya Tree died and i wasnt sure why. It has 7 fish and they are fine. but what has happened the water started to cloud bad and this whit slime is all over the rock ,glass, everything. Water changes will clear the water but this stuff stays. The lights make it worse so i leave them off. all water parameters are good except for ammonia it is high. seems to be no cycle going on. no one in my area kows what happened. Most say a biological filter crash. I posted some pic's

Thx, Keith

Pictures by keith4911 - Photobucket

if you have ammonia present, it is a cycle going on. i would be doing large water changes to remove it, or you will be losing the fish. they are being poisoned as long as the ammonia is present.
i have never seen a white slime like you describe, but i googled it and found this-
Mystery of the White Reef Slime | Coral Magazine

is it possible that a seemingly unrelated component is causing this?

Back
Top Bottom