Help with clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scoles_b

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, so when i bought these two I was told they were ocellaris. I've been doing some research on stocking/comparability & whatnot and came across some clowns sold as "mis-bar"

I will attach pictures, but is this normal? Or are they some other type of clowns? Also the bigger one only has one side with a gap in the line. oh & also only one pelvic(?) fin, will that cause problems?? The little guy has gaps on both sides. Thanks in advance guys.

Sorry if pics aren't all that great, they don't stay still for long.. Lol

Attachments

• image-3178010419.jpg
    image-3178010419.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3100362830.jpg
    image-3100362830.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-259563674.jpg
    image-259563674.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 76
Mis-bar generally means that the striping doesn't go all the way around i.e the pattern. I have an extreme mis-bar Ocellaris and a snowflake Ocellaris. Ocellaris is the family the rest is the pattern. Check orafarm.com they have the clowns listed in families.

Oh and my female the mis-bar also has only 1 bottom fin, had her almost a year and she does great.

Oh and my female the mis-bar also has only 1 bottom fin, had her almost a year and she does great.

Glad to hear!!! She/it swims just fine but, leave it to me to freak out over it lol.

I will check out the link now. thanks for clearing that up for me, I was a bit confused!

Back
Top Bottom