Help With Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
can you help me identify these two creatures one looks like a worm and the other is some sort of urchin never seen them before last night lol

Urchin looks like a pencil urchin. I could be horribly wrong though :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your tank looks fairly new. If its a new tank. You may have troubble keeping this pencil urchin.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your tank looks fairly new. If its a new tank. You may have troubble keeping this pencil urchin.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

that tank is over a year old but thanks for the concern

I've gotten plenty of hitch hiker urchins over the years, and they've all done pretty well. I'm not convinced this one is a pencil, but if so, they are not reef safe and like softies. Better off in the sump maybe.
Hard to make out the worm, but could be a bristle worm. No worries if so.

I've gotten plenty of hitch hiker urchins over the years, and they've all done pretty well. I'm not convinced this one is a pencil, but if so, they are not reef safe and like softies. Better off in the sump maybe.

yea maybe thats what i will do with him then i gave my tank a good cleaning saturday as i had neglected the maintenance for a month thats when i first noticed him out and about

^+1 ^ to this.
Mine got banished to the fowlr months after I laughed at my buddy for his mis behaving pencil!BAD URCHIN!
Can't make out the worm?

Back
Top Bottom