Help with possible parasite....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

att

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I will try my best to describe this parasite because I do not have a camera to take any pictures. There is some sort of parasite that is on my aquarium glass that can only be seen clearly with a magnifyng glass. It is white and it appears to have a small tail. There are a bunch of them and they tend to stick only to the bottom of the tank. I have noticed this for a week. They also move around kind of slowly. There are no signs of anything wrong with my fish or their eating habits. I have done water changes and even quarantined my fish just to be on the safe side. The problem has not gone away from my display tank and I need to know if this is something to worry about or not. Can someone help to identify this possible parasite?

My tank is a 4 month old 65 gal that houses three Yellow Tangs, two Sabea Clowns and live rock. The temp is 77 F and the water parameters are all in check. Thanks and sorry I don't have any pictures.

Back
Top Bottom