HH coral need help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4251C

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a blue mushroom which was attached on a rock that has white crater-like surface. Week 2 the mushroom hasn't expanded, it budded leaving me a new blue mushroom and now I have these that just popped out 2 days ago in the attached pic. Mind you I used a hobbiest magnifying glass. The biggest polyp is a little smaller then an 1/8 of an inch in diameter. Would appreciate any help:

Attachments

• 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 137
Wow, that's incredible. I have absolutely no idea what it is though. Perhaps some type favia. It looks bleached. Hopefully someone in the know will be along to help you more.

Tanks Fluff, I've heard from someone else, bleached red goniopora. Mind you it had no color when I bought it. It was completely white. Pink just came a week ago and the polyps finally poked out 2 days ago.

Very cool. It's sounds like it's regaining it's zooxanthellae algae. It may take more time and healing to get a positive ID but based on what you say, it sounds like it's on the road to recovery. Please keep us (or me) updated on it's progress. I'm very interested in how it turns out. :D

Months later

Here is the colony now:

Attachments

• 100_0936_117.jpg
    100_0936_117.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_0937_195.jpg
    100_0937_195.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 77
Wow, that's quite a difference. Now it look like a gonipora but I'm not positive. Beautiful color, looks awesome. :D

thats great. i got some rock one time that had the same thing going on but i guess my crabs got really hungry before it could heal. i came home one day and they where finishing it off. ive never known blue leg hermits to eat coral but i guess if its in bad shape, the crabs will eat anything. very nice color. dorian

Back
Top Bottom