Hi I'm New - Got a Worm Thing Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShannonBad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, My husband had a saltwater fish tank when he was little -strictly fish.

After years of wishing he had a saltwater tank again, we went out and got a 55 gallon one. It's been up for 8 months now - doing great.

Our tank: reef with several live rocks, 4 corals are doing great (wellsophelia, rose leather, purple polyp type and something else...), 2 shrimp, 2 common yellow seahorse, a lawnmower blenny and a yellow substrate type blenny thing.....

I never knew having a reef tank could be so much fun! Every day I find something new. I have identified fan featherdusters (look like round white 360 degree fan stuck to rock), regular pinkish feather dusters (2 of them), small white and green starfish (the green one only comes out at night), amphipods, etc...

My question: I FOUND A WORM THING tonight! About 2 inches long but can stretch to much longer. Looks like a brown earth worm. Peristalis movement. Both ends of the worm open up, but no antennae or spikes sticking out of it anywhere. Smooth coat. Occassional groups of thin yellow banding on the body. Solid yellow can be seen on the bottom half of it only when it opens it's mouth - same yellow appearance at both ends. What IS THIS????

Thank you!!! I look forward to someday contributing.

CORRECTION: I saw the worm again tonight and I saw it open its mouth and there was a circle of "bristles" or tiny antennae - like little spokes around its mouth!

Back
Top Bottom