hitch hiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
the little thing dissapeared before i could get the camera... i bought a small piece of tonga rock with a few purple mushrooms on it. on one tip of the rock i noticed what i thought to be a polyp of some type. while i was trying to plce the rock so everybody was visible i must have brushed the little guy because he was falling off. i touched it onto another piece of lr and it grabbed on. after fiddleing with the tonga i noticed it had fully attached itself to the rock and was open. it was a small(aspirin size) white polyp looking creature with the same short tentacles around the edge that i see on my buttons. it had a tiny mouth in the middle and was just chillin. i walked away for about 10 minutes and when i came back it was gone. i looked and looked in the sand, and on all the rock down current to no avail. any guess on what it was, and where it went? thanks.

Sounds like it could have been a small anemone of some type. Hard to say. But that's how I got my beaded anemone, he was a very small hitchhiker on a coral rock. Good luck, I hope it resurfaces.

that would be cool, i'll keep looking for it. would anybody eat it? i have a marine beta, yellow wrasse, and royal gramma.

It should be fine with the betta and gramma. By yellow wrasse, do you mean canary/golden coris wrasse? If so, none of those fish will be a problem for it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom