Hitch Hiker Anemone Good or Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like more of a pistol shrimp to me, kinda hard to tell by the pic. Does it have one large claw, kinda round in shape, and a smaller thin one?
Do you ever hear popping in the tank?

yes am hearing a loud popping sound, could not figure out what it was. There are actually 2 of these guys. They have blue legs, but the claws look about the same size.

:confused:

Attachments

• shrimp4.JPG
    shrimp4.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 50
  • shrimp3.jpg
    shrimp3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 46
  • shrimp2.jpg
    shrimp2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 53
  • shrimp1.jpg
    shrimp1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
Yep, the 1st looks like a pistol, the pic above might be, kinda hard to tell from the pics. I'm surprised you were even able to get those good of pics! Mine is very shy. The loud pop would seem to indicate at least on or tow of them. Nice hitch hikers!

Well after a month, there are now about 6 of these guys. There are 2 large ones, and 4 small clear tiny ones. Easy to spot, all the sudden you see sand flying out from under a rock, then this tiny little bugger pops out looks around and darts back in. Pretty cool but not sure how much trouble I am headed for.

I had a pistol shrimp exactly like yours. It was fine when it was small, but when it got bigger it turned into an assasin. I saw it whack snails off the rocks and try to kill hermits. It was banished to my sump and never seen again.

Back
Top Bottom