Hitch hiker I'd please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bristleworm. Harmless member of your clean up crew. They will get pretty big depending on how much they eat and are a great indicator on if you are feeding your tank too much. Don't touch them as the bristles on the sides will hurt, similar to a bee sting.

Bristleworm. Harmless member of your clean up crew. They will get pretty big depending on how much they eat and are a great indicator on if you are feeding your tank too much. Don't touch them as the bristles on the sides will hurt, similar to a bee sting.

LOL, I noticed a few a couple months ago that came in some chaeto algae.
One of the little buggers was out and about the other day, sucker has to be almost five inches long.:eek:
He started coming out of a hole in the rock and he just kept coming and coming, I thought it wouldn't end.

LOL, I noticed a few a couple months ago that came in some chaeto algae.
One of the little buggers was out and about the other day, sucker has to be almost five inches long.:eek:
He started coming out of a hole in the rock and he just kept coming and coming, I thought it wouldn't end.

I've seen them get to 2/3 ft

I don't think theres a proper tank size for Bristol worms lol
the best thing to do is not to over feed , over feeding is what causes them to grow so darn big in the first place
I as a rule of thumb is if I see a worm 5 inch or bigger I just remove it before they get to the point there huge there almost impossible to remove without tearing tank apart
proper maintenance of your tank along with not over feeding your inhabitants in your tank will prevent worms from growing so big , taking precautions help but not 100% that 1 mutant worm could shoot under the radar

Back
Top Bottom