Hitchhiker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help identify this? It's hard to see but there's these little stripped tentacle things coming out of the Rock is it some kind of worm or starfish?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467066767.582538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

looks like you have yourself a serpent star I have around 6 in my tank they are a great part of your clean up crew , now that's one awesome hitchhiker.
this is one of mine
60069-albums13934-picture66253.jpg

Ok thanks I thought it might be that but I still had to confirm it. I check up on my tank daily a couple weeks ago I spotted an aipstatia anemone I injected it with boiling water and then bought 2 peppermint shrimp haven't seen any since ?
I appreciate the help ?

I have another hitchhiker I found when I look at him from under he looks and moves like a snail but he has no shell maybe a slug? Anyone have any ideas?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467925007.218842.jpg

That's a Stomatella, if I'm not mistaking. It's a type of snail that feeds on algae. It's a keeper! I got two myself! ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467938370.076027.jpg

Can anyone identify this? I have 2 of them in my tank, the other one is brown striped, when I touched one it curled up on my finger. They came from my new live rock

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's a Stomatella, if I'm not mistaking. It's a type of snail that feeds on algae. It's a keeper! I got two myself! ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks good to know I will return him into my main tank now ?

New I'd I'm not sure I think it's an Astrea star but I've never seen one look this nice before is this an Astrea or some other kind of starfish? I found him on my rock during a water change.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472857667.115667.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472857705.601628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom