Hitchhiker is making my water cloudy!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys
Recently I have noticed my water being pretty cloudy. I have just kinda ignored it, but today when I was looking at my fish, two huge plumes of dust came from a previously unknown tunnel in the sand under my live rock. The tunnel looks pretty extensive and I cannot see anything in the tunnel. Anyone know of any hitchhikers that do this?? I'll attach a photo of the tunnel. Whatever it is is making my water look cloudy all the time!!

Attachments

• image-2783772966.jpg
    image-2783772966.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 317
Not necessarily. In my experience most pistol shrimp don't snap unless provoked. If you have a peaceful tank he may not feel threatened enough to show off.

Hmm well his tunnel is right next to where my diadem dottyback lives, and he is an incredibly aggressive fish. I would think that he wouldn't like a shrimp being near him, as he will attack and rip up bristleworms that occasionally come out

not only does it take out pistol shrimp but yor worth nightmare the mantis shrimp...

Its probabaly a tunneling worm. Or a rock boring worm. Not much you can do. Might have feather looking things coming from holes. I had one that did same thing. My dottyback ate mine.

Thinking it might be a worm of some sort. It doesn't seem very big and I feel I would have been able to see a mantis shrimp. Plus the burrow entrance is literally where my dottyback lives and I think he would chase off any shrimps

Well I found the culprit...it is my dottyback! I watched him this morning grab big mouthfuls of sand and then spit them out! Why is he digging? I didn't think he was a digging species

RYANLAWRENCE said:
Well I found the culprit...it is my dottyback! I watched him this morning grab big mouthfuls of sand and then spit them out! Why is he digging? I didn't think he was a digging species

Just fixing himself a vacation home.

It's probably a pistol shrimp building himself a nice little home

Back
Top Bottom