Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-04-2003, 02:00 PM   #1
Hitchhikers please Advise

I belive in this second picture this one to be a Mine Urchin Is this correct..

The first picture I believe this to be some sort of sponge Can anyone identify this?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The first photo the item in the upper left of the photo is a form of macro algae (the proper name excapes me right now).

If the item in the center is the same then thats what it is also. The center is kind of out of focus so i cant tell if its the same as the algae or not.

Im not sure about the second photo.

Check the above link and see if you cant find something that looks simular.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
I see a pencil urchin in the bottom pic and what appears to be a chicken liver sponge in the top pic as well as some halimeda

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
Sweet Thanks Guys You know you both Just rock for having such a great forum and such great answers

Old 10-07-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey James, I am in the Portland area too. Where do you shop for your supplys? I just started out and bought everything at Upscales in Tualatin.
Why is everybody staring at me?

blancoh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:08 AM   #6
I did not like upscales.. That is the place that I usually go but the advice in there is not always correct Even though they have that awesome reef tank in front The advice I have been given was not the best.. I prefer to go to Cayes Aquarium in SE portland.. They have been open for many many years and are awesome.. Upscales is a great place to get if you go in there looking for something.. But for advice I would not recommend listening to them.. I have found many things that they state that is not correct.. Check PM btw Join the Oregon Area Forum..

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com