hmm what is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
i've been trying to figure out for the longest time what this is, its been on my rock since i got it.

i was thinkign its soem kind of leather coral but i can't seem to find any type that looks liek it. i was also thinking its brown because my lighting is just an 8000k 18" T8 so it might not be getting enough light but my perameters are great

IMG00059-20110307-1625.jpg

is it soft? slimy? hard? does it move when flow goes under it?

sweep your hand above it in a waving motion to try and dust it off.. it could be a number of things..

i've rubbed it before its got a bumpy texture to it and turns whiter. it is pretty soft and not slimy

hmmm i'll keep more of an eye on it but it doesn't look like a sponge, i'll charge up my digital cam and take a pic in better resolution, my blackberry only have a 3.2 megalpixal cam so not the best quality

no i was at work then had to come home and sleep because i work tonight. i've got to ask my mom where hers is since i'm to lazy to grab mine from my car lol

Can sponges also be purple. I have a yellow one that was identified by my fish store buddy.

so i finally took some better quality pics, although the color on my camera is pretty poor

DSCF0004[1].jpg
DSCF0005[1].jpg

and just a little picture of Knee and Moe
DSCF0006[1].jpg

mr_X said:
not in vivid red though.

The second set of pics it looks more brown. Idk hard to tell. But it looks like it has little bumps like a leather not pores like a sponge. I'm probably wrong.

Back
Top Bottom