How can i get rid of Tube Worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masterplan75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
when i bought a piece of live rock there was a couple of worm remenants.. and i didnt think anything would come of it. but after a few weeks i saw a few tube worms growing out of the rock.. i thought nothing of it and thought it actually looked nice and added some life to my tank.. but now that rock is infested and theres literally 20-30 on the one rock plus a few seem to have drifted off to other parts of the tank... how can i get rid of them or is there something that i can get that will eat them and keep them in control??

thanks
Masterplan

There`s nothing wrong with them They will actually filter your water. They will die out on their own. I remember on mine I had a bunch and they just dwindled down to nothing. They are nothing to worry about.

If they are feather dusters then you want to keep them.Great part of a CUC.

On another note, they thrive on excess nutrients. You can "control" them by removing the nutrients, by doing more frequent PWCs. I think they are a great addition to a tank.

Back
Top Bottom