Hugh Worm Creature!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I woke up this morning to something creepy and disturbing, I turn on my light on the tank and there it was, something huge sticking out of one of my LR.... A Hugh Worm like Creature It was furry flat Beige colored and it had brown round circles in middle of each section of it's body I couldn't see it as good becasue it went crawling quikly back into it LR could some ID what this could be and should I be worried that it's in my Tank?:(

I believe it my only come out at night looks like it really hates the light.....

Holy Crap Thats Exactly what it is!!!!!!.... Should I be worried about it it was pretty long....

Chitons are herbivores and algae grazers. They are considered to be reef safe and usually only come out at night. Consider it to be a good hitchiker.

James

It scared the crap out of me when i seen it this morning so it I was kind or worried but good to know that it's good to have....

Thanks guys and gals if any.....:)

Even though I have a lighting system with moonlights, every time I get a new piece of rock, I will sit by the tank at night with a flashlight to see what comes out for the next few days. I'm still finding stuff that i didnt see before.

Same here I've had the LR's for week today an they were originally from another Tank that was established for 3yrs so I have about 8 Hugh piece of LR that I got from a Guy off of Craigslist for dirt cheap and everyday I find something new in there.... It's crazy....

I got the Little thing on camera!!!!!

Gotcha!!!!:D

Attachments

• !cid_380.jpg
    !cid_380.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom