I don't even....ID Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so in this video I am going to post you'll see a small rock. This is the only piece of rock that I got live and I've found a bunch of bristle worms in and under it. I haven't seen a bristle worm in months now but recently I found this...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450681314.468692.jpg I have yet to actually identify this...and it's still in my tank living in this rock. Just tonight while looking at my tank after lights out I ran into this...you'll have to watch closely in this video.

http://youtu.be/X31Jsjl5G4g

The subject in question is very hard to see but it's at the top edge of the Ricordea and it pulls away as I shine light on it. I dunno what this could be.

And also something that seems a little less like an alien

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450681448.143265.jpg

I dunno what this is lol.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Top is a brittle star IMO...
Bottom is some type of algae/calurpae???

Just curios did you watch the video??? Did you see the weird thing pulling away in it?

after looking at the video 4 or 5 times that unidentified object looks like a pod the long tentacle looks to be a serpent star IMO

Thanks everyone! So my next question is would you recommend removing these??

attachment.php

not sure what this is still waiting on my new glasses possibly but not 100% could be a squirt

but the other 2 if they are what I am thinking there fine

Whatever that brown blob was its either moved or gone now!

I'm starting to noticed quiet a bit of these vermetid snails around my tank now. Not sure if their presences matters or not but I've found maybe 5-6.

i'd get rid of them before they spread dab them with gel crazy glue
with my new glasses that brown glob looks like a stominella snail

Ok I just went through and glued all the spouts of these brown blobs on my rocks...I found most of them to be around my Acan frags and some under my frogspawn. Hopefully I won't have any more because I heard they can really mess up LPS corals.

I don't know if this is coincidence but my corals all seem much happier and fuller today after glueing somewhere around 10-11 of these things nearby.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Back
Top Bottom