I found the mysterious clicking shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thought i had a mantis shrimp. Well, i dipped some of the rocks i thought he might be in and to my surprise, a pistol shrimped hopped out instead!! So now i'm wondering, what kind of pistol shrimp is he? He's small (about a half inch long) and i don't really know how i got him. I find it hard to believe he came on my liverocks.com order but i can't really think of where else he would have come from. Also, now that i've put him back in the main tank, he's turned more pinkish in color. I'm think he's probably a juvenile.

What kind is he?

img_568455_0_4864b2b7633ef20f213a2c3bd5c0dae7.jpg

It is a true mystery then. It must be an alien shrimp beamed down into my tank by Tom Cruise's space ship.

I always though Michael Jackson was an aliean... It may explain the ONE big claw, Kind of like the one white glove?

Who knows... *twilight zone music*

Looks like a young Aipheus sp. I am sure it came in on your LR. They are commmon hitchikers. Cool animals, good luck with it.

lando said:
Looks like a young Aipheus sp. I am sure it came in on your LR. They are commmon hitchikers. Cool animals, good luck with it.

One thing to remember, ( i think lando is on the money with the ID) but identifying actual sp. of inverts, is next to impossible due to the vast number in the world.

what is the chance of my yellow watchman goby and this Alpheus sp. hooking up and having a symbiotic relationship?

zenn said:
what is the chance of my yellow watchman goby and this Alpheus sp. hooking up and having a symbiotic relationship?

The chances are very good but nothing is ever 100%

We have a yellow watchman paired up with a tiger pistol, and I have a randalls shrimp goby with a candycane pistol right now.

i wonder how long it'll take for this pistol shrimp to get big enough that he'll start wondering around the aquarium and meet up with the goby. He's only a half inch long now and might be mistaken for food right now...so that's why he's probably hiding.

I do have a free pistol shrimp coming my way from saltwaterfish.com cause the one i ordered a while ago was DOA. So just wondering if i should go ahead and get the free pistol shrimp or wait till this little guy grows up.

Back
Top Bottom